Our NDIS Guide for Angelman syndrome
The NDIS Guide for Angelman syndrome provides:
- General information on the NDIS
- An overview of the process – from becoming a participant and the planning process, to receiving a Plan and the Review process
- AS Participant Statement Examples
- Questions you will be asked during your planning meeting
- Funded Plan Support Examples from the AS community
- Participant transport fact sheet
- Glossary (The meaning of important words used in the NDIS process)
Thanks to Kane Blackman and Laura Greene for their work in organising, producing and editing this Guide, and to parents who contributed to the Plan examples.
Click on this link to download the NDIS Guide for Angelman syndrome
Early Intervention and the NDIS approach
This video looks at how the NDIS manages early intervention for children with disability or developmental delay. An adviser from the NDIS says it’s important that parents get quick answers, expert advice and intervention for their child as early as possible. This can happen without having to wait for a diagnosis. Parents say that using the NDIS to get help for their child has helped them feel supported and positive about their child’s future.